This year, Veteran’s Day is Tuesday, November 11. While every day brings an opportunity to remember our veterans, the holiday is a great reminder of the selfless sacrifice of so many.
We’ve pulled together a list of 15 ideas that can make a real difference in a veteran’s life. We hope everyone takes a moment to show their gratitude.
- Attend a Veteran’s Day event.
- Ask a Veteran to share a story about their time in the military.
- Fly the flag.
- Visit a Veteran’s gravesite.
- Write and send a letter to someone who’s currently serving in the military.
- Call a local VFW hall and ask if you can volunteer for an upcoming event.
- Be proud of your country.
- Teach a child what it means to be a Veteran.
- Say a prayer for those who are bravely serving.
- Observe a moment of silence with family and friends.
- Read something a Veteran wrote about their experience.
- Buy a homeless Veteran a cup of coffee.
- Take a moment to reflect on what it means to live in America.
- Watch a patriotic movie.
- Shake a Veteran’s hand.